Wednesday, January 20, 2010

For Such a Time

It was only two short years ago that I got the call from Jeff as I was driving with the kids. "I got the job at Starbucks." It had been 5 months since we had received a salary of any kind. We took a step of faith, knowing God wanted us to home school, and suddenly we were both without employment.

My heart rejoiced at the call, and then as I passed the phone to the kids for him to tell them, reality set in. How could we live on little more than minimum wage? Noah hung up the phone and began praising God for our answered prayer. That's when God whispered to my heart, "You're in my will. I'll take care of you."

Jeff is at a management recruitment meeting as I type. It seems intended for those already in management, but he went to show he wants to move up. He's ready for the next step.

My heart is filled with the familiar anxiety, my eyes with tears and a lump in my throat. "Lord, could it be time? Will it finally happen? What if it doesn't?"

God brought to mind the story of Esther, when her uncle reminds her she was made for such a time. Regardless of the outcome of tonight, I will praise my God. He has developed my husband into a leader, at work but most importantly at home. I would love to work less, have the bills paid and see my husband rise in the company. But without a doubt, His hand is upon our life. There's no place I'd rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment