Sunday, January 10, 2010

Faithfulness leads to Fruitfulness

You have to love Sunday School lessons that repeat the point at least 20 times in hopes of cementing it into their brains and hearts. The point of today's lesson about Paul was "Faithfulness leads to fruitfulness".

First I needed to define our terms, then we read through and interpreted the scriptures. And every fifth sentence, I'm reminding the children that "faithfulness leads to fruitfulness".

The lesson went well, they paid attention for the most part and were even somewhat engaged. As I was coming up on my last phrase, God opened my eyes to an amazing sight. There in front of me was my beautiful 8 year old son, Noah, who loves God's word with such passion he reads ahead in his Bible because he can't get enough. And behind him stood my handsome husband, my provider, protector, my spiritual leader. They had been in the room the whole time, but as I spoke my last "Faithfulness provides fruitfulness" God showed me that the faithfulness of myself and my husband is producing amazing fruit in our children.

There are days (including today) that I would have rather stayed home and been about my housework and writing rather than go to church. There are nights that I'm so tired when I sit down on the couch I don't want to get up (or I don't have time to sit!), let alone read and interpret the Bible to my children. But it is being faithful to God in all things, big and small, that are having a lasting effect on our children. And I do believe God's blessing will include our children becoming godly adults and raising godly children themselves.

Wouldn't you do anything for your children? Then start today, by being 100% faithful to God.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me. I love that song. He is always so faithful to us. What a loving God.

    ReplyDelete