Friday, October 1, 2010

A New Beginning - Phil 1:1-6

Scripture reading: Philippians 1:1-6

...being confident of this, he who began a good work in you will carry it on to the completion until the day of Christ Jesus. v.6

I remember the day I accepted Christ. I was almost 15, attending Youth Camp. The Thursday night service included a message of salvation. There was a silhouette of an outstretched hand, the pounding of nails and reminder of my sins. I knew I owed my life to God for all He had done for me. My youth leader prayed with me to accept Christ.

That night when I went to bed, I remember thinking my life was going to be different now. Not because of what I had done, but because of what He wanted to do.

I'm mostly packed, ready to go off to my yearly Women's Retreat. God has a new work He wants to do in me. It's out of my comfort zone, but I've learned over the past 22 years that the feeling of joy and completion comes when I do my Father's will. I'll teach, I'll lead and I'll be filled. And once again, I'll lay my life down at His feet, knowing "He who began a good work" will be faithful to complete it.

How about you? What good work has God started in Your life?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kelly, Phil 1:6 has been the verse I go to when feeling low and discouraged. Phillipians is a treasure-trove!

    ReplyDelete