Friday, March 12, 2010

Inspiration

It's been a month of just be-ing. It started with an accident that just seems so not right, taking the life of a friend my age. I wanted to write about it, but there were no words to describe the sadness, disbelief. My life was put back into perspective...God, husband, kids. At the end of the day, it matters first what I've done for them. After pondering, I reconstructed my day, my life, to show my priorities. Home schooling comes before work, husband before chores. God meets with me in the morning and with me and my hubby before bed. Even writing seemed so much less important.

So, one week turned into two and two into three and the only action my keyboard got was typing work emails and posting on Facebook. Stress crept back into my life. Jeff saw the signs, sore back, my broken out face and aching jaw, and graciously pointed it out to me. As I relunctantly prayed about it, God reminded me I had walked away from my stress reliever - writing.

"But I'm not inspired." I argued.

And He so gently spoke to my heart, "But it's what I've made you for."

Oh. Is that why it decreases my stress level? Is that why I feel so happy, so whole when I pour my heart onto paper? Is that why Satan tries to distract me from it with a hundred other tasks? I get it.

If you'll excuse me, I'll be about God's business...writing. Maybe that novel I started some 16 years ago is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment